As we reflect on this past year, we marvel at all God has done in 2013 and all He will do in 2014.
At Children’s Therapy Center, PSC, our mission has been to “offer high-quality pediatric therapy services by well-trained therapists.” Over the years, we have stayed true to this mission and have seen remarkable growth in our clients and practice. This past year, we have experienced the most explosive growth ever – despite substantial challenges and obstacles.
However, to be clear, nothing in the following article suggests that we take credit for these accomplishments. It is all by God, so He gets all the glory and praise.
Children’s Therapy Center, PSC is an extension of our family. Our own kids have grown up here. From infancy, they have run the hallways and played on the swings. This place is our home. The administrators and therapists are also part of our family. We lovingly call this our “CTC Family.” It is a true blessing to be a part of such a wonderful place with wonderful people.
In 2013, God showered Children’s Therapy Center, PSC with blessings, and we list just a few of those blessings here, in no particular order:
- Cohen and his family raised funds and donated an iPad, as well as an iTunes gift card to purchase speech therapy apps. This iPad has already helped dozens of children. Thank you, Cohen!
- Our team presented at numerous in-services and/or conferences, including a variety of preschool training sessions and the Orphan Care Alliance H3 Conference. We already have several events on the calendar for 2014.
- Our therapists participated in over 40 in-house training sessions on topics such as vestibular processing, TheraPressure, Sensory Processing, Executive Functioning, Neuro-Developmental Treatment, FloorTime, and many others. All of our therapists have attended the Interactive Metronome Training Program and are now IM certified.
- CTC added speech therapy services and school-based services.
- CTC continued to support Hopeful Hearts Foundation. As part of Hopeful Hearts mission teams, Melissa traveled to Sri Lanka and Rob traveled to Myanmar.
Throughout 2013, CTC also:
- Doubled our therapy team and tripled our charitable financial contributions.
- Sponsored the FEAT Outrunning Autism 8th Annual 5K and Fun Walk.
- Donated over 100 volunteer hours to children in need.
We ended this year with a second visit from “Sensitive Santa and Nana,” which was a big hit with all the children and families, some of whom were seeing Santa for the very first time.
As we look ahead to 2014, we can’t wait to see what God will do, and we invite your family to be part of it. As we grow, we remain committed to maintaining high-quality pediatric therapy services provided by well-trained therapists, which children and families have come to expect. To the parents and guardians who have trusted us with the care of your children, we humbly say, “Thank You.”
It is our sincere desire to provide loving care from our family to yours and to help your children flourish and grow to be the best they can be – the hope of all parents.
We hope that 2014 will be a blessed year for you.
From our family to yours,
Melissa and Rob Hough
For over 10 years, Children’s Therapy Center, PSC has served thousands of families in Louisville, KY, by providing high-quality therapy services and parent education.